I’m looking for a new kitchen knife set, and I’m on a budget of $300. I know there are a lot of great options out there, but I want to make sure I get the best value for my money.
I’ve done some research, and I’ve found that mid-tier knife sets are the best option for me. They offer a great balance of quality and price, and they’re sure to last for many years.
I’ve put together a list of the best kitchen knife sets for under $300. I’ve focused on quality and usability, rather than the number of knives included. So, some of these sets may include many knives, while others may not.
I hope this list helps you find the perfect knife set for your needs.
Here are some of the factors I considered when making my list:
- Quality of materials: The knives should be made from high-quality materials, such as stainless steel or carbon steel.
- Sharpness: The knives should be sharp out of the box, and they should stay sharp for a long time.
- Comfort: The knives should be comfortable to hold and use.
- Versatility: The knives should be able to handle a variety of tasks.
- Warranty: The knife set should come with a warranty, just in case something goes wrong.
10 Best Kitchen Knife Sets Under $300 in 2023
I’m going to highlight a few of the very best knife sets available under $300. I’ve put together a well-thought-out assortment that I think would help you with the majority of your culinary needs.
I’ll be highlighting some of the advantages of each set, as well as some of the disadvantages. I want to make sure you’re making the right decision.
1. WÜSTHOF Gourmet Block Set (16 Piece)
This is the WÜSTHOF Gourmet Twelve Piece Block Set, which is the first knife set under $300 we will be discussing. WÜSTHOF is one of the most reputable names in today’s culinary world.
They guarantee you will get the best knives to help you get the best results every time you cut, slice, and chop foods.
The knives and accessories that are included in this set have been made with the best craftsmanship, and the woodblock is a work of art at the same time, making the kitchen countertop a pleasure to behold.
German manufacturer WÜSTHOF has been forged with the highest level of care from stainless steel for over 200 years. The knives of WÜSTHOF are sharper and more durable than those of other brands due to the precision edge technology they utilize.
With these WÜSTHOF knives, you will be able to get the best and most consistent results without a doubt.
Included in the set are:
- Cook’s knife 8-inch
- Shears, 9-inch, made of steel
- Paring knife, 2 1/2 inches
- Knife with a 3-inch spear point
- Knife with a 4 1/2-inch blade
- Steak knives, 4 1/2 inches long
- Bread Knife, 8-inch
- Block with 13 slots.
Finally, the polyoxymethylene (POM) handles on this set allow for perfect control when cutting since the blade has a full tang design and a triple-riveted design.
Combining this design with the handle provides far greater control than you would get if you used other knife sets.
- High-carbon stainless steel is used to make this knife set.
- A hardness score of 58 +/- 2 makes this knife very hard and durable.
- The knife retains its edge well.
- Cutting is easier with the full-tang and triple rivet.
- However, it does not come with a cleaver even with the size of this knife set.
2. DALSTRONG Gladiator Series Knife Set (8 Piece)
The DALSTRONG 8 Piece Gladiator Series Knife Set is the next stop in this knife set under the $300 review. Although Dalstrong, as a relatively new company, has made a lasting impression on the market since being on the market for only a short period of time.
With a blade made of German steel, a handle constructed of Pakkawood, and a final crypto-tempered manufacturing process to ensure that it is one of the best knife sets that you can buy if you want to buy it for less than $300, this knife set is manufactured in China.
This knife set is not only notable for its high level of functionality and performance, but is also an extremely attractive set of knives that is well balanced to achieve the best possible results when cutting, chopping, and slicing.
The knife set comes with a full-tang design as well as a pakkawood handle that is sure to provide you with a good grip while cutting. Additionally, there is a bolster on the ends of the knives in this knife set, which makes it easier for you to use the pinch grip when necessary.
It would be fair to say that this is a good choice for any professional chef who wishes to make sure that they get most of the features you can find with the best knives on the market.
Dalstrong Gladiator knives have not been on the market for too long, but due to their level of performance and the high level of functionality they can offer, this set is one you won’t regret buying despite the fact that it’s never too late to make a change in your knives.
- For additional refinement, this knife set is cryo-tempered.
- The knife is designed with a full tang for increased stability.
- Knife sets such as this one are inexpensive.
- This set of knives has forged blades that retain their edge well.
- A lifetime warranty is included with this knife set.
- The knife set does not include steak knives.
- Dishwasher-safe knives are not included in this set.
3. Cangshan TN1 Series Swedish Sandvik Knife Block Set (6 Piece)
As part of our review of knife sets below $300, we turn our attention to the Cangshan 6-Piece Swedish Sandvik Knife Block Set of the TN1 Series.
A TN1 knife is regarded as one of the best knives the world has ever seen since it was first introduced in the 19th century but it didn’t arrive until after the end of the 20th century. With a bold appearance, the knife is very sharp and ready for all of your cutting needs.
Despite the hollow metal handle of this knife set looking good at first sight, it still holds the right balance while cutting and the chef can still feel confident that they are using the right knife for the job at hand.
Knives in this set include:
- Santoku 7-inch
- Bread with an 8-inch diameter
- Serrated 5-inch utility knife
- Chef’s knife, 8-inch
- Paring 3.5-inch
- knife block
Swedish Sandvik 14C28N Steel is used in this knife’s blade, which is extremely sharp and has better edge retention than German steel, which is known for its extreme hardness.
A 16-degree Asian-style edge is used to sharpen and heat-treat the blades in this knife set in order to make them more durable and maintain their edge better over time.
It has been designed to emphasize the unique metallic finish of the metal structure and the matte finish of the handle as the main focus of this knife set. This knife set is a full-tang knife set like most of the safe knives on the market, which gives you the security and balance you need while cutting.
Last but not least, we have a walnut knife block that ensures that the knives stay in place when they are not being used.
- Knives in this set have ergonomic handles.
- Beginners will benefit from this knife set.
- The woodblock makes it easy to store this knife set.
- Vegetables are easily cut with this knife set.
- This knife has a slippery handle most of the time.
4. Zelite Infinity Knife Set (9 Piece)
Zelite Infinity 9-piece Knife Set is another knife set under $300. There’s nothing as good as a professional knife set from Zeolite, that’s why it comes with top-notch craftsmanship and a wooden block to keep the knives together when they are not in use.
This set contains:
- The length of a paring knife is four inches
- Knife with a 6-inch serrated blade
- There is a knife that measures 6 inches in length
- A knife with a 6-inch blade called a Gokujo
- The blade of a 6-inch chef’s knife
- The Santoku knife measures 7 inches long
- Chef’s knife of 8 inches
- A bread knife of ten inches
- Ten-inch honing rod
- The natural wood knife block
ThyssenKrupp high carbon German stainless steel is used for the blades of this knife set, which resists rust and staining.
Aside from its superior edge retention and an HRC of 56, this knife is extremely sharp as it has been hand-finished using the three-step Honbazuke method, featuring a mirror finish, a cutting angle, and a 15 – 18 degree edge on each side.
There is one knife set in this set that features black forged handles, the black forged handles matching the well-aligned bolsters at the end of the handle to allow a perfect grip while cutting.
In spite of the fact that you can’t see the blade through the handle, this knife has a full tang, so it’s extremely durable for constant cutting. As you can see, the block makes this knife set stand out on any counter because of its slanting outlook, which is hard to ignore.
- It features a full-tang design that is comfortable to hold.
- A knife block and a honing rod come along with this set of eight knives.
- Edge retention is good on this knife set.
- The knives in this set are stain- and rust-resistant.
- Dishwasher-friendly knives are not available.
5. Shun Sora Block Set (6 Piece)
The Sora series was welcomed by many chefs in the culinary world from the minute they learned about shun’s newest arrival, the Sora series.
There were many people who were skeptical about whether these knives would live up to their expectations because of their price tag, but at the end of the trial, they were able to put an end to all skepticism towards the product.
It is true that there are many knives in the market with better functionality and performance than this knife, but when it is compared with other knives under $300, the Shun Sora 6-Piece Block Set stands out much more.
As one looks closer at the design of the blade of this knife set, it is made from cutting edge VG10 steel, which is constructed with a 420J upper steel, finished with a highly attractive San Mai cutting edge.
The fact that Shun’s knives are made using this production technique is one of the ways they are able to make some of the best knives on the market while keeping their prices relatively low at the same time.
There are three parts to the handle of this blade. First, there is the tapered TPE handle, providing a comfortable and great grip when cutting. The best thing about this knife set is that you will not feel any form of discomfort when using it for an extended period of time, making it a great investment.
- A lifetime warranty is included with this knife set.
- Its full-tang setting makes it safe for extended use.
- Knife sets like this one are excellent for the price.
- The knife set has excellent edge retention.
- At the price which it comes at, it is an excellent knife set.
- The knife set in this set is forged rather than stamped, so the blades are very sharp.
- It is a relatively small knife set compared to others.
- All knives in this set except the steak knife are included.
6. J.A. Henckels International Forged Premio Knife Block Set (13 Piece)
With J.A. Henckels’ 13-Pc Forged Premio International Forged Knife Block Set you are going to have no problem completing your kitchen tasks with this knife set.
There is no doubt in our minds that this knife set is the backbone of your kitchen, helping you with all of your cutting tasks without having to place any additional stress on yourself.
It is constructed from the highest quality German steel and features a fine edge finish that makes this knife set perfect for making the best cuts.
Included in this set are:
- Chef’s knife, 8 inches long
- Six steak knives measuring 4.5 inches
- Knife measuring 3 inches
- Utility knife with a 5-inch blade
- Hollow edge 7-inch santoku knife
- Sharpening steel 9 inches long
- Shears for the kitchen
- Knife block made of hardwood
Knives available in this series have a full-tang design, as well as a bolster in which the blade and handle are perfectly connected. The handle is then finished with a stainless steel end cap that features the company’s logo for a very stylish look.
I would like to take this opportunity to emphasize the fact that this knife set is a combination of quality, style, and functionality. Despite the fact that this knife set was made in China, the J.A.Henninglis International Forged Premio 13-Pc Knife Block Set is taking the whole notion of Chinese knives to a whole different level.
- There is a lot of sharpness in this knife set.
- A lifetime warranty is included with this knife set.
- This knife set is constructed with durable material.
- The knives in this set are well-balanced.
- Several purposes can be served by this knife set.
- A woodblock that has not been well maintained can accumulate a lot of dirt.
7. Cangshan TS Series Swedish Sandvik Knife Block Set (6 Piece)
Last but not least, we will take a look at the Cangshan TS Series Swedish Sandvik 7-piece Knife Block Set under $300. TS4 is sleek and elegant, with a blade collection that has well-balanced edges and perfectly aligned curves.
In this knife, the blade is made from metal designed with a perfect shape, which gives it superb edge retention. Having no stress when maneuvering around your cuts makes it easier to handle your cuts.
Chefs – whether they are professionals or beginners – can count on this knife set for their cutting needs. Its quality, its design, and its build make it the best knife set that can hold up over time even after prolonged use.
- A slim walnut knife block comes with this knife set, which makes storing your knives easy.
- Because of the blade and the finishing touches, this knife set is rust-resistant.
- NSF certification proves the quality of this knife.
- In some cases, beginners find this knife’s blade too sharp.
How To Select The Best Kitchen Knife Set Under $300
We have highlighted the best knife sets under $300, we have found that choosing a kitchen knife set is not an easy task even from the knives that we have analyzed in this review.
The knife is one of the primary ingredients for preparing some of the best dishes out there, even though it does not contribute to the taste of those dishes. In light of this, let us take a look at a few of the important things you should take into account when choosing a knife set for your kitchen.
Precision and cutting edge
Knives that are made of high-quality materials will last longer and cut more precisely. In addition to the fact that they are made from single metals, knives made from these metals are also very durable and long-lasting.
Cuts are more precise when the kitchen knife has a beveled edge, a balanced weight distribution, and a tang design.
A knife made from hard materials is the best knife because it will make the best cuts possible within a short period of time. Hard materials are excellent for making knives because they help make the most durable, best, and strongest knives.
It is also easier for you to make the best cuts with knives like the Nakiri and Santoku knives, which have a hardness of 58+, which means they have a higher Rockwell Hardness.
Alternatively, German knives have a Rockwell hardness of 55 or more, which makes them suitable for precision cuts as well. The harder the Rockwell hardness of your knife, the easier it will be for you as a professional chef to make some of the best cuts that you require.
The Handle Quality
If you want a good kitchen knife handle then you need to take the quality into account as one of the first things to think about. You don’t have anything to do but make a mess of your dishes and eventually hurt yourself if you don’t have a good handle.
It is believed that triple-riveted handles with the finger guard are the most ideal handles, which ensure that the knife will remain in place while you cut through vegetables.
Depending on how the blade is designed and where the blade ends will determine this. A full-tang blade is a blade that extends far into the handle and is held in place by rivets. A full-tang blade gives a knife its best cutting strength. On the other hand, knives that are not full tangs extend into the handle but not all the way to the end.
The type of knife you choose will depend on what you are looking for in a knife and what you expect from it. As you consider the factors listed above, you will be able to determine what will and will not work for you.
Conclusion: Best Kitchen Knife Set Under $300
In this review, we have been able to cover many different aspects of knife sets under $300. We hope that we have been able to provide information about what you need to know to choose the best set of knives tailored to your culinary needs.
Furthermore, we’ve outlined some of the best knife sets that will enable you to get the best results depending on your needs.
As stated before, many of these knife sets offer you an adequate balance of precision, cutting edge, and balance in terms of balance, which is why we felt the need to highlight some of the advantages and disadvantages of getting these knife sets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which knife set is the best under $300?
The answer to this question depends on what you require from a knife set. Making an informed decision is easy if you write down what you need from a knife set. You can choose easily from one of the best knife sets that we have highlighted in this article.
Q. What is the proper way to sharpen knives?
The edge of the blade can be refined by pushing and pulling the knife using a whetstone or honing steel, depending on the knife.
Q. The knives I own are rusting. How can I prevent this?
After you use your knife, make sure you wash it. This will prevent rusting. As soon as you have finished washing, you should also dry the garment with a clean cloth and keep it in a place where it will not be damp.
It is recommended that you oil your knife if you will not be using it for a very long time in order to maintain the longevity of the knife.